Re: [TeXmacs] Comparing versions of TeXmacs

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Comparing versions of TeXmacs
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:02:10 +0100

Dear Robert,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 02:50:56PM +0000, Robert Lamar wrote:
> Upon a recent upgrade between versions of Fedora, a TeXmacs plugin
> developed by my group stopped functioning properly. The upgrade brought
> TeXmacs from version 1.0.6.7 to 1.0.6.12. In trying to isolate the
> problem, I would like to compare the different versions of TeXmacs on
> the same machine.
>
> Is there anywhere, aside of CVS, that these incremental versions are
> made available? Hopefully as binaries, but possibly as source?

Sure, they are in the archives on our FTP server, either in

ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/targz/

or, for really old versions, in

ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/old-targz/

It can also be useful to check the Changelog:

http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/about/changes.en.html

Finally, whenever possible, I recommend to make plug-ins
for TeXmacs public whenever possible. In case of silly changes
in conventions (a name change, for instance), this allows me
to automatically make the corresponding updates,
or at least acknowledge you about possible problems.

Best wishes, Joris