Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu

  • From: Andrea Gamba <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:51:21 +0100

Great.

Just a question: possibly the use of "update-alternatives" would provide a cleaner way to switch from gcc 4.3 to 4.2, without the need to physically move the files to tmp?

A search here:
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=texmacs&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
gives 1.0.7 only in experimental, not in testing, perhaps this is the source of the problem with atp-get?

Andrea

Paul Zarucki wrote:
Hi all,

Problem solved! In order to compile Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu 8.10 and Debian 5.0 you have to use version 4.2 of the GNU compiler instead of the default version 4.3. I attach a new version of my script which I have tested on Ubuntu 8.10.

Save the attached file "setup-texmacs.sh" to your home directory then open a terminal window and type the following commands:

chmod +x setup-texmacs.sh
./setup-texmacs.sh

I also tried the procedure from Davide Anchisi for creating a Debian package by downloading the source package from "Debian testing". Unfortunately, as given, the method doesn't work because it installs Texmacs 1.0.6 from the main repository and ignores "Debian testing". I think it needs an additional option to the "apt-get source" command to make it use "Debian testing" instead of the "stable" repository.

Regards,

Paul.

--

/ *Electronic Equipments Ltd.*
101 Ridgeway Avenue, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4QN, United Kingdom

/ Technical Services /