Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu

  • From: Andrea Gamba <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:37:39 +0100

Bob Lounsbury wrote:
I looked through the thread, but didn't see what errors Paul was having. The original Paul Zarucki's message was just a shell script to install the latest texmacs version, which has nothing to do with making the 1.0.7 release work with Ubuntu, it was just trying to make compiling from source easier. What were your steps to compile from source? Seems rather strange that it is not working.
I tried to compile 1.0.7 the first time using Paul's script, and a second time following your instructions. The two procedures are quite similar of course. I copy Paul's errors below, they are the same as mines. We are both trying to compile 1.0.7 on Ubuntu 8.10 (i386 32 bit).

A couple of months ago, the package maintainers suggested to try the debs from Debian experimental. They didn't work for me, the program crashed. Yesterday I tried again on a freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10, but unfortunately the program still crashes. Finally, I tried with compilation from source, but again, no luck.

Andrea

Kernel/Containers/hashmap_extra.cpp: In constructor ‘hashmap<T, U>::hashmap(U, tree) [with T = string, U = tree]’:
./Edit/Editor/edit_typeset.cpp:358: instantiated from here
Kernel/Containers/hashmap_extra.cpp:126: error: no matching function for call to ‘copy(tree&)’
Kernel/Abstractions/basic.hpp:99: note: candidates are: int copy(int)
Kernel/Types/string.hpp:50: note: string copy(string)
make[2]: *** [Objects/edit_typeset.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Desktop/texmacs-1.0.7/src'
make[1]: *** [TEXMACS] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Desktop/texmacs-1.0.7'
make: *** [debian/stamp-makefile-build] Error 2