Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu

  • From: Bob Lounsbury <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:41:01 -0600

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Andrea Gamba <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Bob, my point was slightly different. All previous versions of texmacs (1.06 included) required tweaking to work properly with Ubuntu. Since I am doing the tweaking anyway, I would like to help making the release of 1.07 work out of the box on Ubuntu with mime type recognition, no sh-bash problems, and working interfaces to mathematical packages.

To this aim, I tried to test existing debs of 1.07 (from Debian experimental) but they don't work for me (I get crashes). I also tried compilation of the source from ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/targz/TeXmacs-1.0.7.1-src.tar.gz
and it fails, with the errors reported by Paul.

Any suggestions?

Andrea

I assume the best way to help with texmacs versions provided by Ubuntu would be to contact the package maintainer and ask how you could help http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/texmacs.

I looked through the thread, but didn't see what errors Paul was having. The original Paul Zarucki's message was just a shell script to install the latest texmacs version, which has nothing to do with making the 1.0.7 release work with Ubuntu, it was just trying to make compiling from source easier. What were your steps to compile from source? Seems rather strange that it is not working.

/Bob