Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session

  • From: Alejandro Jakubi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 15:14:01 -0300

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Maxim Nikulin wrote:

I just have changed libltdl7-dev to libltdl3-dev in debian/control file and
the build have finished successfully. It is too late to test the package
just now.

OK, we are cooking.... I have edited texmacs_1.0.7.2-1.dsc, replacing
"libltdl-dev | libltdl7-dev" with "libltdl3-dev", executed again 'fakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc', and got this error:

=====
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1
=====

There is a file texmacs-1.0.7.2/debian/changelog with rw permission, so that I
do not see what is the issue here.

Whatever it is, this experiment just shows once more that compiling
applications is, generically, an artisan work for individuals with expertise,
and an advise like "just compile the current TeXmacs from sources" is not
valid for most ordinary users.

Alejandro