Re: [TeXmacs] buffer..

  • From: Alfe <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] buffer..
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:27:09 +0200

Hi Vincent,

El.douwen wrote:

> i have saved a document
> i have then choosed "close document"
> the texmacs says me "buffer not saved..."
> i have ignored
> what is the buffer ?

Each time you open a document in Texmacs, a buffer (a part of your RAM) gets
created and the contents of the document's file gets copied from the disk
into that buffer ("loaded"). When you edit your document, this buffer gets
changed by your actions. Upon writing the document, the contents of the
buffer gets copied to the disk again ("saved").

If you open several files, each receives its own buffer.

> what is the problem if the buffer is not saved ?

I guess in your case you saved one buffer but had another one unsaved in the
background. Texmacs might have complained about that one. This, or saving
your document failed (maybe silently), maybe due to missing write permissions
or similar.

In my version of Texmacs I can switch to another buffer by means of the "Go"
menu. Unsaved buffers are marked with an asterisk there.

Greetings,

Alfe