Re: [TeXmacs] import latex

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] import latex
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 19:59:22 +0200

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 06:27:03PM +0200, El.Douwen wrote:
> hi
> i had never done this before
> i had imported a .tex file
> this one :
> http://www.apmep.asso.fr/TS-2011-2012-1-sujet
> (click on "latex")
>
> result : super, i am impressed, i can modify the equations..
>
> but :
>
> 1) images seem to be lost.
> 2) some equations seem to use code that texmacs do not recognize
>
> is that normal ?

Yes, it is. Unfortunately, TeX/LaTeX is a software with one of the worst
possible designs... In particular, it does not conform to a precise grammar
or format, which makes it hardly impossible to import .tex files in a 100%
safe manner. We intend to improve our import filter via our latest job offer,
but I doubt that a 100% correct result will ever be possible.

Best, --Joris