Re: [TeXmacs] 200 pages documents experience

  • From: marc lalaude-labayle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] 200 pages documents experience
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:54:59 +0200

Hi,

i work with a 600 pages doc. I subdivided the doc in chapters and used the "include chapter" method as a link. So the main doc only contains 20 lines : the 20 links to the 20 chapters.

Marc

2011/10/25 Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:01:06PM +0200, El.Douwen wrote:
> i wanted to know if any on this list have experience typing 200 pages documents with texmacs
> is it ok with texmacs for so big documents ?
> even if there are pictures in all pages ?
> 2Go ram do you think it is ok for texmacs ?

That should be OK for TeXmacs. I recommend to link all images
(except if you draw them yourself), to subdivide the book into
separate chapter files though and assemble the whole thing at
the end. I also hope that your printer will be able to cope
with a 2Gb postscript file...

Best, --Joris