Re: [TeXmacs] 200 pages documents experience

  • From: El.Douwen <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] 200 pages documents experience
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 00:29:32 +0100

after discussion with Martin :
i summarize
>> i can not export my texmacs document
>> it weights 33Ko, with maybe 30 images (linked images), average weight 80
>> Ko, maximal weight 600 Ko
>> when i do either command-P or "export to ps" i get a long time waiting,
>> then texmacs quit
>> my macbookpro has 2Go ram and 2.2Ghz and ~45Go free hard drive
it appears that the texmacs trying for ps export uses 100% of the processor
and x% (i dont know how to see) of the ram

the problem is :
my powerful computer can not allow texmacs to export my tiny document to pdf
so i can not send the few demonstration pages to the editor tomorrow...
i wanted to want, before writing this message, for trying with some ubuntu
but for the moment they do not work

Sacha