Re: [TeXmacs] april 2011

  • From: Henri Girard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] april 2011
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 12:10:06 +0200

Le 09/04/2012 10:37, El.Douwen a écrit :
hi everyone

there are some plans to develop texmacs :

- promoting it to high schools at end of year 2012
- writing a cookbook (still started)
- making a gallery of texmacs documents to show people what can be done with
texmacs (writing maths, tiny docs, big docs, integration of sessions,
pictures, books, articles...)
- making a database of maths exercises for highschools (for 14-20 years old
students - before baccalauréat)
- writing with texmacs a book about teaching of informatics, using the
numberous possibilitiez of insertion of sessions (python etc.)
- finding cooperation with universitys or organisms abroad to get european
founds to develop texmacs
- comparing texmacs and latex versions of a same document, not for the
conversion aspect, but to show to the people discovering texmacs that the
latex way is really complicated and the texmacs way is fluid... well, that's
the reality...
- having reflexion about what could be improved in texmacs in order to be
really adapted to high school teachers with eventually very few knowledge in
informatics
- creating links between texmacs and geogebra (that is written in java)
because everybody uses geogebra in french high schools
- other things...

if you are interested to cooperate, dont hesitate to write to me

Vincent
I am doing lot of translation integrating sage / maxima (in french). I would like to see your cookbook to have an idea how to pack all. I am not an expert, but I think with a good presentation it's worth :)
I am not mathematician and many good articles are written for good ones... I think it's pitty not to give something interesting to people like me who want to know more (i am 67 and autodidactic).
I you could share your started cookbook i think it could help me .
kind regards
Henri