Re: [TeXmacs] april 2011 - cookbook

  • From: "El.Douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] april 2011 - cookbook
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:40:20 +0200

> I am doing lot of translation integrating sage / maxima (in french). I
> would like to see your cookbook to have an idea how to pack all. I am not
> an expert, but I think with a good presentation it's worth :)

> I am not mathematician and many good articles are written for good ones...
> I think it's pitty not to give something interesting to people like me who
> want to know more (i am 67 and autodidactic).
i appreciate your situation; i share your opinion - it would be fine to open
the non-exclusively-hardmathematician side of TeXmacs.
if anyone has any nonhardmathematic texmacs document to present for our
future gallery, i ma very interested
i am curious to see what sort of documents you produce with sage and maxima.

> If you could share your started cookbook i think it could help me .
Cookbook :
the start is really a start
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/documents/vinzdrafts/vinz_documents/cookbook.fr.html
it is in french
please have an idea on what it is
if you are interested in developping it, then i can envisage to translate it
into english and send you the .tm file.
in this case i will need help from a native mathemacienglish speaker to be
sure that the mathematical temrs i will use are ok
the english document will then become the source and the french translation
will follow
one has to notice that some tipycally french features are descibed in this
cookbook, or are planed to be described, like "tableaux de variations", that
is to say all the features of the professor latex extension plugined in
texmacs. Maybe also we can decide to make a special cookbook for this
professor module.

> kind regards
> Henri

hi Henri