Re: [TeXmacs] Table of contents

  • From: François-Xavier Thomas <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Table of contents
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:40:24 -0700

Thanks a bunch for all that!
I'll look into it this evening when I come back home, but it looks promising ;)

On Oct 1, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:

Call your update all function six times in a row...

A good trick: to find the scheme function implementing a menu option, set TeXmacs to english and search in the scheme sources for the string of the menu entry. For "Update all" is a bit tricky since it's a submenu, so you need to find first the definition of the root menu, in this case called "document-menu"

An alternative to grep, if you are running the latest svn and you enable developer-mode-on in the first lines of init-texmacs.scm is to do Meta-click on the scheme name of the menu you are interested in. Meaning: compile latest svn version, edit /some/path/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm, change line 14 to #t instead of #f and launch texmacs. Then open a session, type document-menu and press your meta key and click on the word (alternatively, right click, choose the "Scheme" menu, then "Definition of ...")

This is part of an experimental new system, but you might find it useful and I wanted to do some promotion of it... XD
Miguel de  Benito.