Re: [TeXmacs] Some notes on installing TeXmacs 1.0.20 on Ubuntu 13.10,

  • From: marc lalaude-labayle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Some notes on installing TeXmacs 1.0.20 on Ubuntu 13.10,
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:36:13 +0100

Hi,

i tried to compile the svn version. It first stopped because of a space in the name of my folder. It then comiles without errors (this is what is said ...) but all the files needed are not greated : for example, no /progs. So, when i launch texmacs with the specific path (export etc ..) i get this :

TeXmacs]
TeXmacs] Installation problem: please send a bug report.
TeXmacs] The initialization file init-texmacs.scm could not be found.
TeXmacs] Please check the values of the environment variables
TeXmacs] TEXMACS_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_PATH. init-texmacs.scm should
TeXmacs] be readable and in the directory $TEXMACS_PATH/progs
TeXmacs] or in the directory $GUILE_LOAD_PATH
TeXmacs]

TeXmacs] Fatal error, guile could not be found

TeXmacs] Fatal unrecoverable error, TeXmacs server not yet started
texmacs.bin: ./Texmacs/Server/tm_server.cpp:61: class server get_server(): Assertion `the_server != __null' failed.
Abandon (core dumped)

My computer runs a ubuntu 13.10.

Did you encounter this error ?

Thx,