Re: [TeXmacs] Some notes on installing TeXmacs 1.0.20 on Ubuntu 13.10,

  • From: Romain Lebreton <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Some notes on installing TeXmacs 1.0.20 on Ubuntu 13.10,
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:40:45 -0500

Hi Adrian and everybody,

I just want to stress how awesome is the shell command "QT_X11_NO_NATIVE_MENUBAR=1 texmacs" in Ubuntu (thank you Adrian). It solves many Unity related problems:
- It fixes the issue of menu bars not updating in Ubuntu. For example, if you click Tools -> Developer tools, the menu bar does not update with the Developer menu. The only way to access this dynamically created menu was to right click on the document.
- It fixes the lack of menu bar for Clone window. Ubuntu (with Unity) displays a blank menu bar for Clone window. Menus could only be found with a right click on the document.
Best,

Romain