Re: [TeXmacs] Some notes on installing TeXmacs 1.0.20 on Ubuntu 13.10,

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden,address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Some notes on installing TeXmacs 1.0.20 on Ubuntu 13.10,
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 10:49:58 +0100

HI marc,
I think you forgot to set the TEXMACS_PATH or you set it wrongly. I assume
you've just compiled texmacs and want to run it without having made any
installation.

What you must do is to set the TEXMACS_PATH and then simply run texmacs.bin.
Have a look at the steps below to see how to set and let me know what happens.

denis

denis@ubuntu:~/texmacs/src$ TeXmacs/bin/texmacs.bin
TeXmacs] couldn't concretize ? (none)
TeXmacs] couldn't concretize ? (none)
TeXmacs] couldn't concretize ? (none)
TeXmacs] couldn't concretize ? (none)

TeXmacs]
TeXmacs] Installation problem: please send a bug report.
TeXmacs] The initialization file init-texmacs.scm could not be found.
TeXmacs] Please check the values of the environment variables
TeXmacs] TEXMACS_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_PATH. init-texmacs.scm should
TeXmacs] be readable and in the directory $TEXMACS_PATH/progs
TeXmacs] or in the directory $GUILE_LOAD_PATH
TeXmacs]

TeXmacs] Fatal error, guile could not be found

TeXmacs] Fatal unrecoverable error, TeXmacs server not yet started
texmacs.bin: ./Texmacs/Server/tm_server.cpp:61: server get_server(): Assertion
`the_server != __null' failed.
Aborted
denis@ubuntu:~/texmacs/src$
denis@ubuntu:~/texmacs/src$ pwd