Re: [TeXmacs] svn support

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] svn support
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:19:22 +0100

Ok, I just tested. Sorry for the delay.

TeXmacs is almost surely not finding the svn executable. You can test whether this is the case for you by starting a scheme session inside TeXmacs and executing the command

(eval-system "svn")

You should get some output like "Type 'svn help' for usage." If you don't, then you need to set the path in Windows to include the directory where svn.exe is located. First find this file, then follow these instructions to set the "Path" environment variable adding that directory at the end

Now restart TeXmacs and repeat the test. Of course you can test with Version->History as well.

Note that if you are using svn+ssh you'll have to make sure that ssh.exe is also in the path and that your ssh-agent is properly configured. If it isn't ssh will block TeXmacs waiting for your passphrase to be input, but you won't have any means to do that.

PS: yes, these things suck. TeXmacs should test for tools upon startup, let you set paths from the interface, not block upon using external software, etc. But everything is designed under the assumption that the user knows about these things and how to configure them. There are lots of similar cases: gs, convert, svn, wget, grep... Patches are welcome!

--
Miguel de  Benito.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Svetlana Tkachenko <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014, at 08:42, Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014, at 20:27, Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
> >
> > > I made an edit to the file without committing it.  In the working copy,
> > > "svn stat" shows the file with an "M" next to it now.  TeXmacs (Version ->
> > > History) still says that the file is not under version control...
> >

> > Ok. I managed to reproduce the problem with your older version. Version
> > 1.99.2 works just fine. Can you test with that one?
> >
> > Best,
> > --
> > Miguel de  Benito.
>
> Same issue. I'm using it on Windows 7 and I'm opening a file from the "working copy". Commit menu item works just fine, but the 'history' one keeps saying that the file is not under version control. Strangely, this time it says "History of file" in the heading, not "History of filename.tm" or "History of filename"...

No replies.

I would like someone to follow-up, please.