Re: bug / feature request

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bug / feature request
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:38:42 +0100

On Thursday 28 March 2002 15:35, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> 1: (BUG) Apparently, in math mode, using the ESC-B (overbar) has the
> problem that moving forward does not just move out of the overbar
> construct, it moves out of all current environments. I have to move
> out then move the cursor back in to math mode, but just before the
> character with the overbar in order to continue with math (or theorem,
> or whatever is applicable.)

Could you provide a more precise procedure? I was unable to reproduce the
problem here.

> 2: (REQUEST) It might be better if there were a default empty buffer
> created so that closing all buffers did not exit TeXmacs. Often, I
> want to close everything that I've been working on, but not quit
> TeXmacs, and the little dance of remembering to start the new buffer
> first and *then* close the last previously existing buffer is an
> annoyance, esp. since emacs doesn't do that (I know, we're not trying
> to _be_ emacs.)

That is indeed an interesting suggestion, I put it on the Wiki at:
http://alqua.com/tmresources/wish%20-%20closing%20last%20buffer%20creates%20new%20buffer

> 3: (Dream!) Is there a way to cut to registers? I don't think so.
> That would be a very handy feature to add, unless I've missed it.

There is a way, though it is not currently accessible from the user interface.
See the following wish entry for more details:
http://alqua.com/tmresources/wish%20-%20cutting%20to%20registers

--
-- David --