Re: bug / feature request

  • From: Phil Mendelsohn <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bug / feature request
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:58:03 -0600

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 02:38:42PM +0100, David Allouche wrote:
> On Thursday 28 March 2002 15:35, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
>
> > 1: (BUG) Apparently, in math mode, using the ESC-B (overbar) has the
> > problem that moving forward does not just move out of the overbar
> > construct, it moves out of all current environments. I have to move
> > out then move the cursor back in to math mode, but just before the
> > character with the overbar in order to continue with math (or theorem,
> > or whatever is applicable.)
>
> Could you provide a more precise procedure? I was unable to reproduce the
> problem here.

It is apparently only a problem when using certain capital letters.
overbar 's' works OK, but overbar 'S' jumps out of math mode. overbar
'N' apparently works correctly, so this is a little more odd than I thought.

I did some checking, and it doesn't matter if you do it from the
keyboard or from the drop-down accent menu. ESC-B, or bar, then say S
(complement of S) is typeset, then moving forward, either by CTRL-F or
right-arrow takes the cursor out of math mode. This does not happen
with any of the other accent characters -- tilde, vector -- though I
haven't thoroughly tested every possible combination yet.

> > 2: (REQUEST) It might be better if there were a default empty buffer
> > created so that closing all buffers did not exit TeXmacs. Often, I
<SNIP>
> That is indeed an interesting suggestion, I put it on the Wiki at:
> http://alqua.com/tmresources/wish%20-%20closing%20last%20buffer%20creates%20new%20buffer

Sorry I didn't post it there myself; thanks for doing the extra typing.

> > 3: (Dream!) Is there a way to cut to registers? I don't think so.
> > That would be a very handy feature to add, unless I've missed it.
>
> There is a way, though it is not currently accessible from the user
> interface.
> See the following wish entry for more details:
> http://alqua.com/tmresources/wish%20-%20cutting%20to%20registers

Great -- thanks.

Cheers,
Phil

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood