bug / feature request

  • From: Phil Mendelsohn <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: bug / feature request
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:35:49 -0600

Hi,

Using TeXmacs 1.0, I have found two small things that could be
improved, one larger feature request:

1: (BUG) Apparently, in math mode, using the ESC-B (overbar) has the
problem that moving forward does not just move out of the overbar
construct, it moves out of all current environments. I have to move
out then move the cursor back in to math mode, but just before the
character with the overbar in order to continue with math (or theorem,
or whatever is applicable.)

2: (REQUEST) It might be better if there were a default empty buffer
created so that closing all buffers did not exit TeXmacs. Often, I
want to close everything that I've been working on, but not quit
TeXmacs, and the little dance of remembering to start the new buffer
first and *then* close the last previously existing buffer is an
annoyance, esp. since emacs doesn't do that (I know, we're not trying
to _be_ emacs.)

3: (Dream!) Is there a way to cut to registers? I don't think so.
That would be a very handy feature to add, unless I've missed it.

Thanks and happy TeXmac'ing!

Phil Mendelsohn

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood