Re: bibliography not exported in html

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bibliography not exported in html
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:50:42 +0100

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 07:25:27PM +0100, Yannick Patois wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> > By the way, HTML is a bad choice if you plan to get a modified version
> > back. The problem is that HTML is much less semantically rich than
> > TeXmacs. I am not even sure there is a correct semantic way to export
> > bibliograph information to HTML (if you know one, please tell me).
>
> To my knowledge, nothing better than anchor... But have a look to the
> output of a latex2html doc.

Mhh... I noticed a CITE element in the HTML4 spec. But it does not
seem to map very well to the TeXmacs/LaTeX cite semantic.

> A quite simple way to do many thing is to create a CSS with all your
> semantic, and then class="stuff", even if you dont exactly know yet how
> you want it to look.

Unfortunately things are not that simple. For one thing, CSS should
not change the inline/block semantic of HTML tags. Also the conversion
can be non-trivial for structures carrying auxilliary data like cite.
Would you use a different class for every different value of a 'cite'?

Also, the boss does not seem to want me to use CSS in exported HTML.

I would appreciate any insight in this field because the HTML
conversion issues are difficult.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org