Re: TeXmacs UI issues

  • From: David MENTRE <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs UI issues
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:42:16 +0200

Hello Henri,

Henri Lesourd <address@hidden> writes:

> Argh ;-) !!! This improvement is hard, and even impossible to
> do --stricto sensu--, because TeXmacs does (and will always do)
> much more calculations than emacs...

I don't buy this argument. Appropriate algorithms should allow fast
redrawing of the viewed area.

3D algorithms allow fast and good rendering of scenes with million of
objects, for example with adaptive resolution. Why is TeXmacs not able
to do the same?

> This is really the kind of area where *some* improvements can
> be expected, and where an increase in the speed of machines
> should do the rest !

But even when displaying a menu texmacs is slow!

Best wishes,
d.
--
pub 1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562 D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A