Re: [TeXmacs] Fundraising (interface comments)

  • From: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fundraising (interface comments)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:15:00 +0200

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:13:27PM +0200, Michael Lachmann wrote:

> Things I like and don't like/bugs in the TeXmacs interface:

> 3. I just noticed that you can turn on Preferences->interactive
> questions->In popup windows. That's great! But, the interface
> doesn't really handle these well, in some cases. For example: If you
> try to overwrite a file, a window pops up saying "file already
> exists, should I overwrite: no", and waits for you to type yes or
> no, and the buttons are 'cancel' and 'ok'. 'ok' should mean
> overwrite, and 'cancel' don't overwrite. instead, ok means 'ok,
> enter "no" as answer', and cancel is probably something like 'cancel
> everythng', which in this case is don't overwrite.

Buttons labelled "Yes / No" would probably be even closer to what
you'd want?

> Like:

> 4. Help system is quite good, especially the search feature.

I disagree; I often stumble up on undocumented areas and resort to
reading / grepping the source code to find things out. Besides,
"search" is broken in ways that it doesn't find text matching the
search string if it is in some places:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=10374

--
Lionel