Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:30:19 +0100 (CET)

>Note that i can work without any problem wihout this mime type
>recognized

Ubuntu is a widely used Linux distribution, and I found support for texmacs on
it to be unusually shaky: no mime type recognition, versions not up-to-date,
never ending problems with the interfaces to external CAS... this is probably
due to the fact that Ubuntu just imports texmacs from the Debian repositories
without the necessary tweaking, if I understand well.

This has not led me to stop using texmacs, on the contrary, I would like to
help mending these often Ubuntu-specific problems to ease the way for other
people and help diffusing texmacs, which is absolutely an outstanding program,
something I dreamed of for a long time, which really helps me to organize my
work in a nice way. Probably the best thing around after the invention of tex.

Not knowing much about the internals of the program, I am just signaling the
problems and trying to do some testing when possible.

Andrea