Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:55:29 +0100

Hi!

I'm sorry to join late to the discussion.

El Viernes, 21 de Noviembre de 2008, Andrea Gamba escribió:
> Ubuntu is a widely used Linux distribution, and I found support for texmacs
> on it to be unusually shaky: no mime type recognition

I have got KDE configured to open tm files with a double click, but I never
use it. I prefer much more to open them using the terminal. The reason is
that the terminal provides a good information when TeXmacs doesn't work
correctly.

Yesterday I had a problem with my Ghostscript installation. When I tried to
insert an eps graphics I got a black square instead of the figure. The
reason? There was an error in the terminal, "Unknown device: x11alpha". That
info let me solve the problem.

> versions not up-to-date

I hope this will change in the next weeks. For a logn time a really old
version of TeXmacs was the stable version. Now it's 1.0.7.

(Marginal note for the future developer meeting: Could we get rid of the
middle '0'? I think that 1.7, would be good enough)

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es