Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:22:42 +0700 (NOVST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
It seems from a subsequent post that the problem is no longer present
in version 1.0.7.2. You should therefore consider upgrading.
If I remember things correctly, the situation is following. The filter tm_axiom.c as included in the TeXmacs sources never had this problem. Somebody (Bill Page?) made extensive modifications of the filter, and this modified version was used in Windows (cygwin). The main aim of the modification was to have a better splitting of long formulas into many lines. However, this change introduced a number of bugs, including these spurious brackets. It was never included in TeXmacs. I think some distros decided to use the modified tm_axiom.c instead of the one from TeXmacs.

So, you can replace tm_axiom supplied by your distro by the one compiled from tm_axiom.c in the TeXmacs source. The problem should disappear.

Andrey