Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session

  • From: Alejandro Jakubi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:56:58 -0300

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Maxim Nikulin wrote:

I hope my recipe will be helpful.

Thank you for your recipe. I am trying to understand what it implies.

Likely dash should be disabled as a default shell due to these sources
contain scripts with "bashisms". I checked that the most annoying of them
have been fixed in svn.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

I am reading at the Ubuntu wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh):

"Beware that this is a more invasive change, will undo boot speed benefits,
and there is even an outside chance that there are a few scripts that now
depend on some feature of dash that bash does not provide! (We expect the last
problem to be rare, as the feature set of dash is largely a subset of that
offered by bash, but we mention it for completeness.) "

Really, I am not interested in upsetting the OS because of this Axiom plugin
bracket issue. I wonder whether this change is reversible. I.e. if after
compiling Texmacs you have reverted back to dash as default shell and no
consequences remain from this process.

Alejandro