Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session

  • From: Alejandro Jakubi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:15:13 -0300

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Maxim Nikulin wrote:

Disappointing... Ubuntu seems to be wrong choice for scientific applications.

For me the point is Axiom. Ubuntu is one of the distributions with its most
updated binaries:

http://www.axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/download.html

And even the suggested "port" for Windows is Ubuntu based:

http://www.axiom-developer.org/

While I can run the latest Maxima+wxmaxima GUI on Windows, for me, at present, the more convenient GUI for Axiom is Texmacs. So, if possible, I would like to get solved this bracket problem of Texmacs Axiom plugin under Ubuntu 8.04. If not possible, I will keep using older versions of Axiom under other OSs.

Alejandro