Re: [TeXmacs] Slovak translation

  • From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Slovak translation
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:00:29 +0100

Dear Joris,

Please find attached a english-slovak.scm file, which is as complete as the
english-czech.scm as I started with the latter and did all the translations.

I have few comments / observations, though:

1. I have used the Slovak equivalent of a "bracket" for translating a
"delimiter" (all delimiters in TeXmacs are what we would call different types
of brackets in Slovak, and there seems not to be a better choice than just
saying bracket). I hope this is OK.

2. I have realized I cannot write the ô letter by typing command+shift+^ and
o, which used to be an option... is this a bug? (I am using 1.0.7.9 Qt port
on OS X. (I can enter the letter with a standard Slovak keyboard of Mac OS X,
though).

3. The czech file contains some (very few) typos / incomplete translations. I
have corrected some of them (those which I could remember after finishing the
Slovak files. Please find attached the revised czech file as well.

4. I believe the Slovak file will need some fine tuning which can more easily
by done once in use, since sometimes it has been hard to guess the exact
context of a particular piece of text.