Re: [TeXmacs] Slovak translation

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Slovak translation
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:33:20 +0100

Dear Peter,

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 03:00:29AM +0100, Peter Rapčan wrote:
> Please find attached a english-slovak.scm file, which is as complete as the
> english-czech.scm as I started with the latter and did all the translations.

Catastrophe; you did not select the right export options when saving your
files.
Both for the Verbatim -> TeXmacs *and* TeXmacs -> Verbatim conversions,
you should disable line wrapping and select the Cork encoding...

Do you think that you can repair the files (maybe write a script)?
I will not have time for this for the moment.

> 1. I have used the Slovak equivalent of a "bracket" for translating a
> "delimiter" (all delimiters in TeXmacs are what we would call different
> types of brackets in Slovak, and there seems not to be a better choice than
> just saying bracket). I hope this is OK.

Sure.

> 2. I have realized I cannot write the ô letter by typing command+shift+^
> and o, which used to be an option... is this a bug? (I am using 1.0.7.9 Qt
> port on OS X. (I can enter the letter with a standard Slovak keyboard of
> Mac OS X, though).

On MacOS, we now use the standard Mac shortcuts for accented letters indeed.

> 3. The czech file contains some (very few) typos / incomplete translations.
> I have corrected some of them (those which I could remember after finishing
> the Slovak files. Please find attached the revised czech file as well.

Thanks.

> 4. I believe the Slovak file will need some fine tuning which can more
> easily by done once in use, since sometimes it has been hard to guess the
> exact context of a particular piece of text.

OK.

Best, --Joris