Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: Anderson Brasil <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:34:49 +0100

Hi,

On 24/01/2013, at 00:15, Anderson Brasil wrote:

> Ok, that helped. I managed to compile the trunk version of texmacs, but it
> still doesn't work:

> Any ideas?

Yes: if things look weird, delete the cache inside ~/.TeXmacs/system/cache.
There are command line options related to this, try --help, I don't know
because I never run from the command line.

> (shouldn't "complete removal of packages" also erase all configuration
> files?)

Most applications and package systems that I know of, under Linux or MacOS
leave the configuration files, unless explicitly told to the do the contrary.
Its a real pain in the ass, but at the same time, better than losing some
configuration because a package changes names or something like that...

> and those configuration files of trunk version wasn't working for the
> version at the linux mint repositories. After erasing that directory, the

This is just to be expected! The were *many* changes from 1.0.7.15 to
1.0.7.17 and then a lot from that to svn head. come to think of it, it might
even be nice to have some internal update tool, given the huge delays the
linux distros have, but well...

> Still, I wouldn't like to have the trunk version (unstable) sharing the
> same configuration files of the other version. Is there any way of forcing
> texmacs to use a specific configuration directory?

Yes: $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH, (I think). Search the docs.

> Plus, if anyone has any clues why mktexpk is giving this error while
> running trunk version of texmacs, I would be thankful.

I don't even have that installed. I had some similar trouble not very long
ago, installing on a new Mac machine. I don't remember what the exact problem
was, but out of the top of my head comes:

* delete the cache, specifically the font cache. Actually, delete (or better
move to some safe place) all of your ~/.TeXmacs/system directory.
* check that libfreetype is correctly linked to (most probably unrelated,
but doesn't hurt)

> I've got the file at /usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/langs/natural/dic for the
> version of texmacs of linux mint repositories.

I know this is obvious, but keep in mind that you need to edit the files from
the svn checkout. You can set TEXMACS_PATH to point to your
/home/anderson/whatever/path/toTeXmacs-svn/src/TeXmacs to always use the
scheme files, translations, etc. there.

> But I couldn't find any option to enable "developer tool" (but there is a
> "debugging tool"). Maybe there wasn't such thing at 1.0.7.15 version?

There wasn't. It was written in the last few months

> Thanks for your help. Also thanking François Poulain and Massimiliano
> Gubinelli who also replied me telling about the version of guile.

You are welcome. Have fun!
--
Miguel de Benito.