Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions

  • From: Henri Girard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 06:51:50 +0100

Le 22/01/2013 21:28, Anderson Brasil a écrit :
1) I've just tried to compile the source code of texmacs (trunk) at linux mint 14 and got

/usr/include/guile/2.0/libguile/gsubr.h:68:13: error: initializing argument 5 of ‘scm_unused_struct* scm_c_define_gsubr(const char*, int, int, int, scm_t_subr)’ [-fpermissive]
./Scheme/Scheme/glue.cpp:1100:3: error: invalid conversion from ‘FN {aka scm_unused_struct* (*)()}’ to ‘scm_t_subr {aka void*}’ [-fpermissive]
In file included from /usr/include/guile/2.0/libguile.h:60:0,
from ./Scheme/Scheme/../Guile/guile_tm.hpp:40,
from ./Scheme/Scheme/object.hpp:18,
from ./Scheme/Scheme/glue.hpp:21,
from ./Scheme/Scheme/glue.cpp:12:

Am I missing any package or is latest SVN broken?

2) I've found a "typo" for the translation of "proof" to portuguese. What are the files who contains those translations, so I can correct it (and, of course, to create a patch and send it for the developers)?

3) I've been a light user of texmacs since 2007, writing small documents, exams and things like that. But now it has come the time to learn texmacs REALLY well, as I am writing a quite large text who might become a book in the future. So, it might require the usage of some advanced features of texmacs, like the ability of creating new enviroments, changing the behavior and layout of the default ones, and things like that. I suppose that texmacs is ready for the task, but I need to learn to use those advanced features. So, what are your advices regarding the learning of those advanced features? The majority of tutorials only cover the basics, and documentation has never been the strengh of texmacs (and, because of that, even trying something simple, like trying to make numbering of theorems independent of those of examples becomes a challenge). Errrrr, as a last resort, I could always try to read the sourcecode (assuming that guile isn't that hard, as I am only familiar with c++) but I suppose that there better ways. So, any advices?

Apologizing for this cold murder of the English language,

Anderson Brasil.
Here is a good example of what can be done on texmacs, but it's in french :

http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/marie-francoise.roy/bpr-ed2-posted1.html
http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/marie-francoise.roy/bpr-ed2-posted2-29122010.tar.gz