Re: [TeXmacs] What's it doing?

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] What's it doing?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 23:51:45 +0200

Hi,

On 8 Aug, 2013, at 22:24, Michael Lachmann <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm just using
configure  --enable-qtpipes
should I add other flags?

I use --enable-macosx-distr to activate flags for backward compatibility with older OS versions (useful for the bundle), --enable-macosx-extensions for some stuff for the X11 version, --with-sqlite3 to play around with it and --with-sparkle for testing of my own stuff ;)

I just tried the latest svn, and still get the same errors. (svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/texmacs/trunk/src)

You downloaded the code, typed configure blah blah, then compiled from within Xcode? If not, try that instead of using make.

I think the problem is my Xcode - 4.6.3, and I think it's g++ has some problems compiling objectve C
when not explicitly told to. But I'm not totally sure. Has anyone compiles texmacs with the latest Xcode
on mountain lion?

I have and I see no errors.

I recall I had to explicitly tell Xcode where to find the right iconv library because of some conflict between the system libraries and macports', but that seems unrelated. Otherwise my project.pbxproj is as in the svn.

Maybe "make distclean"? It's sad we resort to voodoo, try-turning-it-off-and-on-again techniques so soon, but I don't really see what the problem might be…

Best,
--
Miguel.