Re: [TeXmacs] What's it doing?

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] What's it doing?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 18:55:08 +0200

On 9 Aug, 2013, at 13:33, Michael Lachmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, compiling within Xcode worked!! Cool!

Glad to hear that. However, compilation from the command line ought to work.
I've just looked at src/Plugins/MacOS/HIDremote.h and it lacks #ifdef guards.
If you have the time, please add this at the beginning of the file

#ifndef HIDREMOTE_H
#define HIDREMOTE_H

and this at the end

#endif HIDREMOTE_H

and try compiling again from the command line.

> But, after compiling the app, (I did build, for Archiving, then deploy,
> then make app only) I don't see any possible sessions other than scheme,
> and the directory
>
> TeXmacsQt.app/Contents/Resources/share/TeXmacs/plugins
>
> doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong?

Not all of the packaging steps are included in the Xcode project, which is
intended for development only. In particular the plugins are not built nor
copied into the bundle and you'll probably also need to set your environment
variables. I have set TEXMACS_PATH inside Xcode to the path where the svn
checkout is (blablah/texmacs-svn/src/TeXmacs, actually). You can do this in
Product->Scheme->Edit scheme or with "cmd + <".

You can workaround the issue with the plugins by compiling them manually and
copying the results into the package.

> P.S. should we move this thread to texmacs-dev?

Too late… I think it'd be more confusing.

Best,
--
Miguel.