Re: Release of TeXmacs 1.99.12

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Release of TeXmacs 1.99.12
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 11:57:39 +0100

On 23.01.20 11:53, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
I do not think plugins can control much of the typetting (also, maybe you do
not want this). However since you have scheme you can always invoke external
programs from scheme and back, providing you the access to full functionality
(but essentially this means that you have to build a new communication
protocol). Also, I think you can dinamically link libraries to TeXmacs while
running, but I do not remember what are the functionalities that are
available to you in that case.

best
mg

Thanks for the explanation. I have come to like writing programs in Scheme (by the way I have started exploring its debugger, the first experience was positive ... I have already forgotten all about it though!), but I thought that Python could be attractive for other people.

And (let me repeat): things that support user contributions support in turn TeXmacs - IMHO of course.