Re: My experience with TeXmacs and a question about the Jolly Writer

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: My experience with TeXmacs and a question about the Jolly Writer
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 16:22:02 +0100

Hi Pierre-Henri,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 02:11:11PM +0100, Pierre-Henri Jondot wrote:
> The result are those youtube videos (in French) :
> [1]https://youtu.be/2LnxJdJb7U4
> [2]https://youtu.be/5Fcl56--VJ4
> [3]https://youtu.be/TNwodosMR44
> [4]https://youtu.be/rU94hEGOJxM
> [5]https://youtu.be/-_dunq3BAbM
> [6]https://youtu.be/qdlPcF-z1ug
> and the TeXmacs source files are there :
> [7]https://cahier-de-prepa.fr/mpsi-kju/docs?rep=176

Thanks for sharing with us. Maybe Max wishes to maintain links
on his blog to this kind of videos, if you agree of course.

> Now, what I’d like to say is that there is a steep learning curve with
> TeXmacs, even if you’re not computer illiterate.
[...]

For specific problems, the most helpful thing to do in such cases is
to submit a bug or wish, or write to one of our mailing lists,
whatever is most suitable. The advantage of the bug and wish lists
is that I won't forget about your posts, even though it may take
a while before I treat them.

When posting learning curve issues, please clearly indicate how to put
ourselves in the situation that allows us to reproduce the problem,
describe how the problem occurred, and what you expected.

> Would Joris consider letting us buy a pdf instead ?

There are no immediate plans in this direction.

Best wishes, --Joris