Re: My experience with TeXmacs and a question about the Jolly Writer

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: My experience with TeXmacs and a question about the Jolly Writer
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 22:28:36 +0100

Hi Pablo,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 08:41:09PM +0100, Pablo S. Casas wrote:
> I'm also looking forward to buy the book to support TeXmacs.

Thanks.

> I'd prefer PDF version, but I will buy the paper version if there is no
> other choice. Shipment costs are abusive: 17 € to Spain.

The shipment costs are based on standard rates from regular postal mail.
I agree that these rates are high, but for a home delivery, they are
not significantly different from the rates used by other transporters
(although there seem to be variations as a function of particular countries).

If you need any special offers, or if you experience any problems with Paypal
(in the Netherlands and Belgium, it seems that they don't allow
for direct credit card payments without opening a Paypal account),
then you may write to the contact email address at scypress.com.

> Is there a way to avoid that extra charge?

1) Wait for a TeXmacs conference after the COVID crisis,
where you could buy the book in person...

2) If possible, then make your employer buy one or more copies.

Best wishes, --Joris