Re: Finding style file in same directory as document

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Finding style file in same directory as document
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:05:00 +0100

On Thursday 27 December 2001 23:53, Álvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is a most interesting discussion.
> I think the program should react to the persistent "structure", the one
> that doesn't depend on session-specific user behavior.

I agree.

> Consequently I think the external sessions should be relative to the
> current document (or subdocument, in case it is located in another
> directory).

Thanks for pointing out the problem with subdocuments. I never used
multi-file documents, so this just could not occur to me.

> Please tell me if this reasoning is wrong, because I am a total newcomer
> and perhaps missing some point...

I do not think so, but maybe I'm missing it too.

> A last note. Please take into account that the suspend feature of many
> laptops nowadays gives a new "virtually always on" use pattern for some
> programs: you just fire up TeXmacs in november and perhaps don't close it
> for weeks....

Given the problematic stability of TeXmacs at the moment, I seriously doubt
of it ;-) But I personnaly do use this pattern for several programs (among
whose is Emacs). Last time I shut my desktop down, it had 1 month uptime. Ok
I restarted KDE several times in the interval, but that's the idea.