RE: [TeXmacs] Custom Package Problem

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Charles James Leonardo Quarra Cappiello <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: RE: [TeXmacs] Custom Package Problem
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:57:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> can i customize how figures are placed?

Yes, if you include them in a floating object. Because of some recent
patches by David, floating objects should be less buggy as they used
to be.

> can i customize a menu that opens on images and operates on them? (for
> example, open sketch or xfig or a customizable app and allow interactive
> editing)

Yes, but you have to be more precise on what you want.
Using "actions" you may easily associate an arbitrary command
to a piece of markup when clicking on it. This command might open
some url in another application.

> can i customize how the title/chapter title are displayed in the top of each
> page?

Yes, this has not been described in full details yet but some
documentation is available in

Help -> Manual -> Reference guide for the TeXmacs style files

> if some of the more tough users could share with us mere mortals about this
> subject, we would be very grateful, and the posterity via mailing list
> archive would also appreciate it :)
>
> yes, i've looked at the documentation
> (http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/manual/webman-scheme.en.html)
> and its very little there to work with

As a general rule, there are different ways to customize TeXmacs:
via style files, via scheme, via external programs, etc.
These different extensions can be combined in plug-ins.