Re: [TeXmacs] New mode for graphics

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] New mode for graphics
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 23:07:16 +0200

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 11:11 +0200, Magnus Rohde wrote:
> Den 28/9-2005, kl. 18:38, Henri Lesourd wrote:
> I know that Joris does put many hours into the project, and my comment
> wasn't on his or any other's work. What I was trying to say was that I
> don't think that the direction of development should be guided by the
> interests of the available workforce.

This is free software. People do what they enjoy, or what their sponsor
wants. Development, as a matter of fact is guided by the interests of
the available workforce. That's just as true in proprietary software,
but free software gives you the ability to take the code should you have
enough workforce of your own and disagree strongly enough with the
project leadership.

Either embrace the way development is conducted in a project, or go
away, or start your own. Workforce will do what it likes, that's not
going to change, and that's for the best.

--
-- ddaa