Re: [TeXmacs] question on bibliography

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] question on bibliography
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:22:30 +0100

Jack Zhang wrote:

Hi Henri

Thanks for your help.

I did exactly what you mentioned in your help msg. but it still not work
well. I did put bibtex file with .tm file in the same folder. But nothing
happening.

It is interesting to check whether I have correctly install bibtex? How can
check it? Could you give me details. I am not very well for latex.

1) Here is the //correct// output I get on the console when
I do Document/Update/Bibliography to update the bibliography
of a file I have :
[[
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
TeXmacs] Loading corktounicode
TeXmacs] Loading unicode-cork-oneway
TeXmacs] Loading tmuniversaltounicode
TeXmacs] Loading unicode-symbol-oneway
TeXmacs] Generating bibliography [bib, alpha, noeth.bib] <<<<<<<------- Beginning of the bibTeX output
TeXmacs] BibTeX command: cd $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/system/bib; BIBINPUTS=/home/henri/Scripts/Papers/noeth:$BIBINPUTS BSTINPUTS=/home/henri/Scripts/Papers/noeth:$BSTINPUTS bibtex temp
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.4.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: temp.aux
The style file: alpha.bst
Database file #1: noeth.bib <<<<<<<------- End of the bibTeX output
]]

2) Here is the **incorrect** output I get on the console when
I do Document/Update/Bibliography to update the bibliography
of a file I have (I just renamed my .bib file in order to
make bibTeX unable to find it) :
[[
TeXmacs] Generating bibliography [bib, alpha, noeth.bib] <<<<<<<------- Beginning of the bibTeX output
TeXmacs] BibTeX command: cd $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/system/bib; BIBINPUTS=/home/henri/Scripts/Papers/noeth:$BIBINPUTS BSTINPUTS=/home/henri/Scripts/Papers/noeth:$BSTINPUTS bibtex temp
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.4.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: temp.aux
The style file: alpha.bst
I couldn't open database file noeth.bib <<<<<<<------- HERE is the bibTeX error (file not found)
---line 16 of file temp.aux
: \bibdata{noeth
: }
I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
I found no database files---while reading file temp.aux
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Hahn1907"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Hig52"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "DG86"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Ec92"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "vdH:phd"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "PrCr90"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "PrCrRib93"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Mil85"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Pou85"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "NW63"
(There were 2 error messages) <<<<<<<------- End of the bibTeX output (tells you that errors occured)
]]

So by looking at your own console output, you should
get more information about how your own bibTeX deals
with your .bib file, and probably do something to
solve the problem (if you still cannot solve the
problem after this, you should post the output you
get in order to get a more detailed help from people
on this mailing list : but for this, more detailed
information is needed :-).