Re: [TeXmacs] question on bibliography

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] question on bibliography
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:40:03 +0100

Jack Zhang wrote:

Hi, Henri

Thanks for your very patient and kind reply. From your recent msg, I think
we might work on different OS. I am working on the Windows system. That is
why I feel it looks odd sometimes.

In Windows, I type in bibtex from dos command. And return me the wrong msg.
You can see the details from this screenshot.

No, that's the "right" one. According to your screenshot,
when you type 'bibtex' :
[[
C:\research06\PhDthesis>bibtex x.bib
I couldn't open file name `x.bib.aux'
Please type input file name (no extension)--
]]

, it tells you : << I couldn't open file name `x.bib.aux' >>.

This error message can only stem from bibTeX.
Otherwise, if bibTeX were not here, you would
get a message --from Windows--, instead, that
would look something like that (I don't remember
exactly how the MS-DOS error message looks exactly
when an executable file cannot be found) :
[[
C:\research06\PhDthesis>bibtex x.bib
Cannot launch 'bibtex.exe' : File not found
C:\research06\PhDthesis>_
]]

So the conclusion is that bibTeX is correctly installed
on your system : the problem you have is a problem for
having TeXmacs correctly connecting to bibTeX.

But I cannot say more without having the console
output of **TeXmacs**, now. I guess you didn't
saw this console output because you are just
starting TeXmacs by clicking on the TeXmacs
icon. Am I right ?

In this latter case, to see the TeXmacs's console
output, you must start TeXmacs from the command
line, this way :
[[
C:\research06\PhDthesis>texmacs <CR>
]]

and after hitting the <CR> key you should get :
[[
C:\research06\PhDthesis>texmacs <CR>
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support <<<<<<<------- Beginning of the TeXmacs output
]]

this is by looking in this very TeXmacs output that
you can figure out what happens.