Re: [TeXmacs] Lyx

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Lyx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:36:49 +0200

Hello,

First I wanted to send the link I broke. After that, here is a longer answer.

El Martes, 2 de Mayo de 2006 13:14, Valery Pipin escribió:
> I'm using lyx and texmacs concurrently on my linux box. These programs
> were designed for the different purposes.

I disagree. As far I know, TeXmacs was designed to be a scientific document
processor, not a GUI for math software. You can use it as GUI and it's a
great bonus.

> this is not an argument for me I think that texmacs is very well integrated
> to my desktop because I'm able to do lengthy calculations with help of
> maxima interface inside texmacs.

I'm lost here. I don't think that desk integration is related to the
possibility of doing calculations. I was thinking about the messages of the
last weekend.

> texmacs is much better to me in this case because it combines the notebook
> style with perfect output of mathematical expression. Both things are'nt
> available with wxmaxima.

wxMaxima provides a lot of help for beginners and the output is not so bad.
Anyway, I thing that TeXmacs is a better GUI than wxMaxima if you use Maxima
frequently.

> At last, I don't understand the idea behind your message.

I think you do better than you think. The evidence is you use Lyx to write
documents and TeXmacs just as GUI for math.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es