Re: [TeXmacs] What to do to make maxima work

  • From: Jan Brosius <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] What to do to make maxima work
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:32:54 +0200

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 14:30 +0200, Henri Lesourd wrote:

> >>OK, and what do you get on TeXmacs console ? (i.e., on the
> >>xterm screen from where you started TeXmacs) ?
> >>

> >This is what I get when starting texmacs from an xterminal (I have also
> >started maxima)
> >
> >[Jan@localhost ~]$ texmacs
> >TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
> >TeXmacs] Launching 'tm_maxima 5.9.3 gcl'
> >

> OK, and what do you get exactly on the console when the
> whole TeXmacs window disappears ? Do you get :
> <<
> [Jan@localhost ~]$ texmacs
> TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
> TeXmacs] Launching 'tm_maxima 5.9.3 gcl'
> [Jan@localhost ~]$ _
> >>

> or either :
> <<
> [Jan@localhost ~]$ texmacs
> TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
> TeXmacs] Launching 'tm_maxima 5.9.3 gcl'
> ... Some other TeXmacs messages ...
> [Jan@localhost ~]$ _
> >>

> It is important to know this, in order to be able to
> understand what "the whole TeXmacs window disappears"
> exactly means.
>
> The 1st case would mean something really strange,
> whether the second one (especially if the "Some
> other TeXmacs messages" part includes a "segmentation
> violation", or some other low level error message like
> this) would be indicative of a bug in TeXmacs Maxima's
> plugin which propagates inside TeXmacs & crashes
> it (i.e. : this is the usual scenario).

Thanks, but I have fixed my problem with a tip of Andrey Grozin where he
told me to look at
http://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2006-04/msg00024.html
and to replace 3 files and a folder . i.e. the maxima_detect tm_maxima
and the folder lisp, which had to replace the files
/usr/share/TeXmacs/plugins/maxima/lisp
/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maxima
/usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_maxima

Now maxima works fine. Thanks again for all your efforts

Jan