Re: [TeXmacs] long documents ?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] long documents ?
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:58:16 +0100

Bas Spitters wrote:
On Tuesday 09 December 2008 10:45:47 Immanuel Normann wrote:
It should be honestly said that text rendering becomes already slow for
documents around 20 pages, which is typically the size of a chapter. So
even if you chop your long document in chapters of say 20 pages you will
notice an annoying slow down - at least this is my experience.

I think that switching off sections (parts) of the chapter will help.
Document -> Part -> ...

It's really clear that using sections slows down TeXmacs a lot. This
is another point. Overall, if you know how to avoid the slow features
you can be very happy with TeXmacs (although not as much as if it
were perfectly fast, but...).