Re: [TeXmacs] long documents ?

  • From: "Immanuel Normann" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] long documents ?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:22:33 +0100

2008/12/9 Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
Hi,

El Martes, 9 de Diciembre de 2008, Immanuel Normann escribió:
> It should be honestly said that text rendering becomes already slow for
> documents around 20 pages, which is typically the size of a chapter. So
> even if you chop your long document in chapters of say 20 pages you will
> notice an annoying slow down - at least this is my experience.

I think that the TeXmacs gets much slower if you are using it in paper mode
(Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper). Papyrus is faster (Document -> Page ->
Type -> Papyrus). Maybe that explains why your experience with TeXmacs is not
so good (or maybe I'm wrong).

I always use Papyrus for writing. My observation is rather that footnotes may slow down text rendering though this should not matter in Papyrus presentation mode.

Immanuel