Re: [TeXmacs] long documents ?

  • From: "Immanuel Normann" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Bas Spitters" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] long documents ?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:32:39 +0100

2008/12/9 Bas Spitters <address@hidden>
On Tuesday 09 December 2008 10:45:47 Immanuel Normann wrote:
> It should be honestly said that text rendering becomes already slow for
> documents around 20 pages, which is typically the size of a chapter. So
> even if you chop your long document in chapters of say 20 pages you will
> notice an annoying slow down - at least this is my experience.

I think that switching off sections (parts) of the chapter will help.
Document -> Part -> ...

Bas
I haven't noticed this feature yet and I wished I'd discovered it earlier - it is quite useful :-) though not for speed up: surprisingly the slow down stays almost the same even if the visible text comprises only half the screen :-(
However, this "Part" feature is valuable for a different reason: while you are writing on a certain paragraph you usually need to see only fragments of your whole that is relevant for that paragraph, but those fragments are often distributed over the global text and scrolling text in TeXmacs is not really fun. For that the "Part" feature is really valuable!