Re : [TeXmacs] Problem with my new installation

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re : [TeXmacs] Problem with my new installation
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:29:05 -0400

Thank you Kadga and Alfe.

Installing gcc seems to be difficult. So before i do it i have to tell you something. When i have installed cygwin (following http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/cygwin.en.html) i didn't execute the operation #5 below

5. Put c:\cygwin at the start of the PATH environment variable and 127.0.0.1:0.0 for DISPLAY in the menu Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment variables.

Actually i don't know what it means... It may be the cause of my compilation problem... I work in french, so i am not sure what "Control Panel" is. I don't find "System"...

I used to work with WinTeXmacs but i wanted to install the "cygwin TeXmacs" in my new computer to have the recent version of TeXmacs... It seems to be difficult... If #5 does not have to see with my gcc problem i will try to install gcc (even if i am quite afraid with it)...

Thank you

Richard
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in 'cygdrive/c/tmp/TeXmacs-1.0.7-src' :
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

-----E-mail d'origine-----