Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with my new installation

  • From: Ingolf Schaefer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with my new installation
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:25:42 +0200

Dear Richard,

> [snip ...]
>
> It seemed to be ok BUT... when i called texmacs with
> "texmacs &"
> cygwin answered :
> " fatal error : i failed to connect to Xserver in
> 'x_gui_rep::x_gui_rep' "

This is a actuall great, because it means you have got a fully working
TeXmacs. You just have to start X11 before running TeXmacs.

As said in the web page be sure that you have done each step of the
following:

* Launch Cygwin from your desktop using the link.
* In the Cygwin window, launch the X server using XWin& and the
window manager using fvwm2&.
* In the X window, try launching an Xterm using the popup menu
when pressing the right-hand button.

Enter the command "texmacs" in this new Window labelled Xterm. Then
everything should work as promised. I think you missed the last two
steps and entered "texmacs" directly in the first window.

Yours,

Ingolf