Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs 1.7.0.10 fonts in Windows XP SP3

  • From: "Denis J. Navas" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs 1.7.0.10 fonts in Windows XP SP3
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 01:16:00 -0600

Hello Fabrice

Thanks for your follow up. I saw your picture and I am choked to see that TeXmacs looks completely awful. I include a picture of my TeXmacs installation, running the first screen. It looks good, but lacks the images of the pair of bulls either the spanish or the english version (from Help -- About -- Welcome original message). You can see it in the following web address:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-27EfiEabvk08jXNGhd3Fy9UjIla5G8npDg_cHJFEnk/edit?hl=es

I am using TeXmacs 1.0.7.10 on Windows XP SP3 Spanish, with spanish locale.

TeXmacs ran well, except that the only fonts that works are Roman, Concrete and Deja Vu (I have this last font installed in windows/fonts directory and also in MikTeX directory). Therefore the situation is at least aceptable with respect to a minimum variety on fonts selection.

Neither works the invocation of Asymptote, Maxima, Gnuplot or Graphviz, which I have installed in my sistem. The last year I read somewhere that for windows, those sesion scripts doesn't work. I ignore why and if the situation is remediable by an user.

I searched the readme text files in TeXmacs installation for hints about the fonts use and found the following reference:

----
GNU TeXmacs uses the following algorithm to find fonts:

- Look whether the font is in one of directories specified by the user paths TEX_TFM_PATH or TEX_PK_PATH.
- Look whether the font is installed by default in $TEXMACS_PATH/data/tfm or $TEXMACS_PATH/data/pk.
- Look whether the font was already generated in the TeTeX distribution (using kpsepath).
- Automatically generate the font using MakeTeXTFM and/or MakeTeXPK.
-----

And from 'compiling TeXmacs' I learned that:

----