Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs 1.7.0.10 fonts in Windows XP SP3

  • From: Fabrice Arband <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs 1.7.0.10 fonts in Windows XP SP3
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:37:05 +0200

Hello Denis,

I'm confused, because I have a very basic system: Windows XP SP3 (FR
locales), no supplementary fonts, no environment variable related to
texmacs. No maxima or gnuplot installed.
I don't even have the pregenerated font. The only things I could think of are:
- I have some software making use of the Qt framework. Could that interact?
- I have ghostscript installed (to print some stuff from the emacs editor).
- I have a portable latex distribution from here:
http://www.framakey.org/Pack/PackLatex This is a portable installation
(aimed at being used from a USB key.Leaves nothing left in registry).
Could it be the reason ? I don't think so, because on a second PC I
don't have it and Qt-texmacs still does not work.

One thing I tried: I uninstalled the latest QT-texmacs(1.0.7.10) and
installed the older 1.0.7.6 and it WORKED!
I have now the font displaying properly, and also the images! Can you
have a try with this version? Of course this is not a solution to use
an older version, but at least I have a working environment now.

Fabrice